For many homes, the fireplace and chimney is the best feature. Any realtor will tell you, homeowners love fireplaces. More and more homes have them. That’s why it’s more important than ever to educate communities about fireplace and chimney safety. If not constructed or installed properly and maintained, and repaired correctly, a fireplace and chimney can become a dangerous liability. Make sure that you hire professional services through certified, licensed, and insured companies only. Protect your investment and protect your family!
The CSIA Difference
The Chimney Safety Institute of America has been around since 1983. They strive to educate both the industry and communities and homeowners about chimney safety. Since the chimney industry is largely under-regulated, CSIA certifications are more important than ever. A CSIA certification means you’re getting the best technicians and the best services for your home and chimney.
- Accreditation – The CSIA credential meets the highest of educational standards and is actually regulated by the Indiana State Workforce Innovation Council, Office of Career and Technical Schools.
- Non-Profit – CSIA is a non-profit organization and is governed by volunteers from across the country.
- Code of Ethics – CSIA Certified Chimney Sweeps must adhere to a stringent Code of Ethics designed to protect homeowners from potential scams. If any members are found in violation, their membership can be revoked.
- Professional Networking – Not only do CSIA members have a large network of other chimney professionals at their disposal, but CSIA’s mission includes public and professional education. Certified chimney sweeps devote time and resources to relationships with affiliated trades, including home inspectors, realtors, and homeowner associations that can further the mission and education of chimney safety.
- Continuing Education – Once a CSIA Certified Chimney Sweep completes training (both in the classroom, and the field), and completes the 2.5 hour-long test, they must still re-certify every three years. Re-certification can be done through re-examination or continued education credits. This allows CSIA certified sweeps to stay at the top of a changing industry.
The Mad Hatter is CSIA Certified
If you’re looking to have your chimney serviced, repaired, or installed, you don’t have to look further than right here in Indianapolis. The Mad Hatter is licensed, certified, and insured. When you hire The Mad Hatter, you don’t have to worry about any damage or a mess. We will leave your home in the state we found it, and will be in and out with the highest level of professionalism. We are CSIA certified and have serviced more than 10,000 homes in the area!
In this industry, “experienced” does not mean certified. An amateur, scammer, or just a neighborhood handyman can cause damage to your system or miss a serious hazard that can become a disaster. Put your trust in the certified professionals who have valuable training and experience sweeping, inspecting, repairing, and installing fireplaces and chimneys.
The Mad Hatter offers the services you need, affordable prices, and the certification that makes us the best.
Call today at 317.596.0200 and find out what The Mad Hatter can do for you!